12.04.2009

My heart aches

I've been following this story and was hopeful until I saw this article. I don't know if I am just super emotional today or what, but I could burst into tears at any moment. Sometimes I wish I wasn't so sensitive. It hurts my heart too much...


Tulsa Zoo giraffe dies
From Staff Reports -- Tulsa World
Published: December 4, 2009


The Tulsa Zoo announced Friday that Amali, the five-year-old female giraffe who arrived in Tulsa with a crooked neck, died during a procedure to determine the extent of her recent neck injury.

Amali, the newest giraffe at the Tulsa Zoo, injured her neck while being transported from Ohio to Oklahoma. The zoo announced Friday that Amali died. Photo provided

The Tulsa Zoo is awaiting results from the initial necropsy to determine the cause of her death. Additionally, tissue samples will be sent for microscopic examination to assist in the final diagnosis.

Amali suffered a neck injury during transport from her home zoo in Ohio October 18. Her injury was immediately noted by zoo staff as she exited the specialized trailer she arrived in.

More: http://newsok.com/tulsa-zoo-giraffe-dies/article/3422514#comments#ixzz0YkFPskJs

2 comments:

Linda said...

So sad. :(

LadyJayPee said...

Oh, what a precious little being she was. That is a very sad story.