8.10.2010

Welcome Home!


I'm finally settled in and loving life in Dallas. My job is awesome and I've met some amazing people. The weather?? Um, not so much! We've had triple digits the last week and a half that I've been here and no rain.

Last night I hopped on the treadmill for the first time in almost a month. There is no way I am getting outside in this heat! I am joining a gym this week (company-paid membership...just one of the MANY perks at my new job!) and hope to expand my workouts and try some new classes/machines. It's been very hard to stay on track food-wise as vendors bring in breakfast every.single.morning. We are talking doughnuts, kolaches, tacos, cookies, breakfast sandwiches, bagels, yogurt, fruit, etc. Yes, I have tried to stick with the fruit but gave in to a breakfast taco today!

All in all, I am really happy with this move. The town home, the job, the people, and the atmosphere...it's all good. But I miss Mom, Dad, and Grandma so much!!!I'm just glad to be back in blogland and happy to get back to regular posting...new recipes, crafts with Mom (she is making me a quilt and some new pillows), decorating the new place, exercise/running, new friends, old friends, college football...you know, the usual. :)

1 comment:

Linda said...

YAY--you're blogging again. :)