3.12.2009

Just had to share

Unfortunately, I left my camera in my office at work, so this picture is terrible! My cell phone camera has it's good days and bad...this was pretty bad. But my dinner was so fantastic that I had to share. Last night, I decided to throw some stuff in the crockpot and I'm so glad I did! I just put in the following:

1 can of Rotel
1 can pinto beans (rinsed & drained)
1 can black beans (rinsed & drained)
1 can no-salt corn (drained)
1/2 c onions
1-2 c water
1 c brown rice
1 t ranch seasoning
1 t taco seasoning

Left it on high for a few hours for the rice to puff up and then put it in the fridge. So, after an awesome treadmill workout tonight (I did speed work) I had a bowl of the 'mixture' with some strawberries and a banana. I am very picky about my bananas and this one was in the perfect phase of ripeness! It was such a filling, healthy dinner and I feel great. It was the perfect end to such a cold day. Again, sorry the picture isn't the best!

Tomorrow is Friday!! I am excited because my gal pal Sunny is hosting a Girlie Game Night! I think we are playing Mexican dominoes or something like that! But I'll eventually get these chicas to play MY game--poker!

1 comment:

Linda said...

Oh that sounds delish!