10.30.2009

All's quiet on the Sooner front

Have you noticed my lack of OU football posts this year?

Have you seen any games and/or our stats?

Have you heard about Bradford's decision?

Well, I have...and it stinks. It's been a rough season to say the least. Once Sam hurt his shoulder in the BYU game things really started to go downhill. We just weren't able to rise up and, therefore, we tanked in the rankings. I do understand and fully support Bradford's decision to bow out gracefully...but it's still a sad situation. He could have gone out with a bang after securing his Heisman win
and finishing a great 2008 season. But he stuck around like a true Sooner...unfortunately things just didn't work out.

As of Week 7, Oklahoma no longer had a spot in the top 25 BCS ranks. I can't even remember the last time that happened (or maybe I do remember but I don't want to reminisce). The season isn't over yet. As I have said before, I am no fair-weather fan. This is just the college football circle of life. We will rise again!

O-K-L-A-H-O-M-A
Our chant rolls on and on!
Thousands strong
Join heart and song
In
alma mater's praise
Of campus beautiful by day and night

Of colors proudly gleaming Red and White

'Neath a western sky
OU's chant will never die.
Live on University!

No comments: