10.02.2009

Mi Vida Loca

The last few weeks have been an über busy time for me. I've got a lot going on and literally feel like a juggler! And I have so many events coming up! Unfortunately my sleep has suffered and I either can't fall asleep until late or I wake up 2 hours before the alarm goes off...it sucks! I've been keeping up with my running and training, even getting in a quick run late if it's been a long day (this could be the culprit for keeping me awake). I haven't cooked as much at home and succumbed to several BAD drive-thru choices. :) But I am forever grateful for the weekend which is finally here!!!!!!

The office has been a Ka-Razy mess as we are moving in 2 weeks!! We are only moving about 2 miles away but it is a hassle nonetheless. Currently we are all wearing jeans everyday and there are boxes everywhere you turn! But we are excited about the new area. It's a short-term move as we will eventually build out another part of the complex to suit our needs.

School has me borrowing about 30 books at a time from the library--seriously. And to make matters worse, the fines really add up when you are even 1 day late with 30 books! After being accepted to The University of Oklahoma, I learned there was one entry-level class that was NOT satisfied by my plethora of transfer coursework. It is an Art/Humanities course which isn't so bad, BUT the professor decided to make it a "strictly papers" type of class. This means there are no exams or homework or assignments per se. It's nothing but seven 5-page papers on art and culture in the non-western world. Maybe this doesn't seem so difficult, but it's been 10 years since my last writing course and MLA just seems to have gotten more strict! I have succeeded in finishing 4 of these papers and made 100/100 on three of them (95 on the first one). I really like my prof and believe it or not I am learning! :) So far it's mostly been a great geography lesson in Africa, Asia, China and Japan. Soooooooo...this is taking up a lot of my time.

Training is going well and I can't believe that 1 week from tomorrow I will be running in the OKC Race for the Cure 5K! I am so excited and proud to have raised more than my initial goal. I know my team will succeed and we will all have a great time. I don't officially start training for the April 2010 OKC Half Marathon until December although I feel well on my way to being prepared for that!! Running has become an integral part of my life. I am thankful for the ability to lace up my shoes and hit the road at any time I choose. I recently subscribed to Runner's World magazine and the last 2 issues I have read cover to cover. The stories are so inspiring and I soak up the information. I may not look like a marathoner, but I am a runner!

In 2 weeks not only will the office be making it's move to the new building, but I will be flying down to H-town (Houston) for my 15-year high school reunion! I will see some faces I haven't seen since graduation in 1994. It will for sure be an exciting 4-day weekend for me! I'll be staying the first 2 nights with my brother and his family. I am excited to hang with the nieces and nephew. Plus, the OU/TX Red River Rivalry game is that Saturday and should be interesting to say the least. I have a hotel room booked for that night about a mile from the reunion site. I am looking forward to seeing old friends and new ones, and enjoying myself during my mini-vacation.

THEN, the following week is my parent's 40th wedding anniversary as well as my 34th birthday! It's a whirlwind October but it's my favorite time of year!!!! The low today was 48 degrees, it's beautiful outside as the leaves are starting to change, and I feel like I'm on top of the world. Sleepy, but on top of the world!

xo Jen

No comments: