3.24.2010

I &hearts The Stick

Forget Anne Bancroft...The Stick is a miracle worker. Who knew that a 17-inch piece of segmented, space-age plastic could solve all the world's problems??!! :)

This week my calves have been tighter than Tyra's weave. Seriously, it's been hard to walk and it's causing my hammies to tighten as well! I may or may not have gone a little crazy with my calf raises on Monday during my strength training workout. Whatever the cause, no amount of stretching has eased the pain.

Then I became an expert at using this:

Lo and behold it loosened my calves, quads, and hammies for some much needed relief. I'm carrying it with me everywhere now--I used it 3 times in my office today (and of course had to explain to my boss and a coworker what the heck I was doing). :)

I am bound and determined not to let ANYTHING interfere with my training!

3 comments:

Ken Zelez said...

Hi Jenni,

Great article. If any of your readers are in Alberta, Canada....we distribute The Stick. I will be sure to re-post and promote your article.

Jenni said...

Thanks, Ken! I'll keep recommending The Stick to my friends and fellow runners!

Linda said...

What do you do with it? Beat yourself? ;)