3.01.2010

My first Green Monster

If you don't know what a Green Monster is, check out this site. I've seen them on some of the blogs I follow and how food bloggers rave about them. They sound kind of gross (and don't look all that appetizing either) but I must say they aren't bad. I chose the Virgin Green Monster recipe and next time will definitely be adding more fruit for sweetness.

Virgin Green Monster

1 c organic baby spinach
1 c 1% milk
1 t Flax oil
ice

It wasn't so bad...mostly it tasted like a banana milkshake which to some would be great but I need more flavor. I also wanted it more icy so I'll be using a frozen banana next time. I'm currently on a major red grape kick right now so I'm thinking of adding those...they will for sure add some sweetness to it! I may also add some greek yogurt for more calcium. All in all I'm impressed with the Green Monster craze and am happy to be onboard.

1 comment:

Linda said...

Well I'm impressed! It is a pretty color--looks very healthy. :)