5.21.2010

Holy Broccoli, Batman!

I was in the mood for some broccoli last night. I bought a bunch of frozen broccoli because it's easy and good for you. I decided I wanted it roasted but didn't want to fool with chopping garlic or anything. So I just popped the frozen broc in the oven for a minute or two, then sprinkled kosher salt and pepper on it, back in the oven for maybe 7 minutes or so. I pulled it out and sprinkled some balsamic vinegar on it for flavor. It needed maybe another minute or so just to brown a bit. The result was tasty! I don't like too much going on with my broccoli that takes away from it's natural flavor. This was perfect! The black pepper added a nice kick too.


Roasted Balsamic Broccoli

1 pkg frozen broccoli florets
salt and pepper to taste
balsamic vinegar to taste (maybe 1 T)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spread out frozen broccoli on a sheet pan and let thaw for a few minutes in the oven. Add some salt and pepper and put the broccoli back in the oven for about 6-7 minutes. Lightly pour balsamic vinegar on the broccoli and roast for another minute or so.

Edited later to add: Lunch today in my office was leftover broccoli from above, a veggie patty with mustard, and a plain nuked sweet potato. It was delicious...veggie power!! :)

No comments: