11.14.2010

The constant roller coaster


When life is good, it's great. When life gets tough, it's lousy. And then there are those times when life is simply in-between the two...and the roller coaster is just cruising along. You don't know whether you will go up or down, but you know a change is coming soon.

It seems I've had many up's and down's the last month. I'm not complaining...after all, I'm learning more about myself and those around me with every moment that passes. I've experienced a plethora of emotions in just the last 5 days. Such is life I guess. As my mom reminded me tonight, "feelings" are what remind you that you're alive! I was having a tough time today trying to figure out and work through a situation, and Mom was full of supportive words and advice. She sent me a quote from my late Uncle Danny...he had emailed it to her more than 5 years ago when she herself was struggling with her prayers to Him and what the right answers were for her. Here is what he told her:

"You just stay with that notion that God is not against you, but for you. He knows best, that's for sure. Just increase your trust for Him and things will turn out for the best."

My uncle Danny was a wise man. He was also one of the most generous, affectionate, and loving people I've ever known. His faith always amazed me, as he was certain of God's love and will, and he was always content in knowing the Lord would guide him, love him, and live through him.

Sometimes I wonder if He hears me...and I long to be confident and sure of His love for me. I asked Him several times today to help me make the right decisions in my life. I am willing to do what it takes to be a better person and live the best life that I can. So many things in life take a leap of faith...falling in love, trusting in God. We may have to step out of our comfort zone, close our eyes, and put our trust in someone else. It may be scary, and it may even cause pain in the long run...or it could be the most rewarding and wonderful thing we've ever experienced. But we'll never know unless we jump, right?

I'm still a happy girl and the subject of my last post is still alive and well in my mind (and heart). I don't know what the future will bring...but I do know that He is with me and I'm holding on to that faith with everything I have.

1 comment:

Meredith said...

Life has its ups and downs, girl. I have found what works for me is to take one day at a time, make the best decisions I can possibly make that day, and I find that good decisions beget good things. There's only so much we can control! Hang in there on your bad days and celebrate the good ones, girlfriend. Hugs from Austin!