11.20.2010

I think I'll stay in this roller coaster ride after all...


It's amazing what a difference a few days (and a few prayers) can make. I was definitely feeling blue after the K incident last weekend. And I've been confused and a little frustrated with the whole dating thing since Date #1!! :)

I realize I haven't been in the dating game very long. It just takes some getting used to after being out of it for so long. But I am grateful for this last month because I have learned so much about myself. Once I got over the initial crushed ego and self-doubt of why I never heard from C, and then why it didn't work out with K, I realized it was all for the best. Of course, this was with the help, love, and support of my friends and family. As Mom commented on one of my lastest posts, "The best is yet to come." And I truly believe that. (love you, mommy!)

As last week wore on, I became my happy self again, enjoying work and the people around me (AND some not-so-sappy music!). Then out of the blue a coworker/friend (Steven) came up with the idea that he was going to try and set me up with one of his good friends...there's a story there but that's for another post someday. Needless to say, Steven's friend called me Thursday night--we had a great conversation and he asked if I'd like to get together sometime.

Last night we went out and it was really nice. No pressure, no tension...just easy, comfortable, and relaxing. We talked over dinner and drinks for almost 4 hours and the time flew by. I'm not expecting anything at all...I like him, and would very much like to see him again. I found this morning that I'm not worrying about whether he will call or not...sure, I'd like him to, but I'm simply carrying on with my daily life and enjoying it. I'm okay with ME and my life right now, no matter what boys may come and go. I am more certain than ever that He is looking out for me. Being happy and self-content totally rocks. :)

On another note, there are only a few more weeks of college football left!!! I can't believe this season is almost over. And I can't believe Thanksgiving is next week!! Mom and Dad are driving down to stay with me and celebrate the holiday. I can't wait to see them and show them around my new digs. My brother and his family won't make it this year because my sis-in-law's mother had surgery and they will be staying with her. But we're all planning on being together for Christmas. Have I mentioned this is my most favorite time of the year??!! Family, holidays, football, beautiful Fall weather...this girl is smiling!

Arg...I'm at the office working today and hope to get home in time for the OU game. BOOMER!!

Have a fabulous weekend my friends...


Edited to add: The new guy called this afternoon, asked if I had a good time last night, and asked me out again tonight. Once again, the conversation was easy and fun. All I'm going to say is I'm happy he called and I'm looking forward to seeing him again. :)

1 comment:

KatieJM said...

Can I ask yet? Was going to text but it's 11:40. I luf you Gigi.