11.11.2010

Right next to the right one


That is where I was tonight, sitting right across from (and eventually next to) the right one. Perhaps it is too early to call him The One, but he's pretty darn close.

What a difference a week can make...those close to me know that I have been through somewhat of a tough time, emotionally and spiritually, the last few weeks. Boys in general played a large part in that rough patch. But I'm glad I endured the wreckage since it meant that I would eventually meet K, and my life would be permanently changed...for the better.

It was a simple date. I was not expecting much more than maybe a friendship to come of it. It's not that I wasn't attracted to him...I wouldn't have agreed to meet if I wasn't. But I was getting used to the idea of "casual" dating in that I wasn't going to LOOK for love anymore. The emotional turmoil of the last few weeks threw me for a loop, and I was starting to doubt if the real thing was out there. I thought I would go on a few dates, meet some new people...and continue to be disappointed. But as it turns out He had other plans for me.

Yes, I believe certain people enter and leave our lives for reasons we may not ever understand. I don't know about fate per se, but K...K is my own little serendipity.

Tonight, with K, everything felt good. Everything felt natural. Everything felt exciting. Everything felt...promising. It was all there in one little room upstairs at a pub. It was all there in those eyes when he looked at me, and when he smiled.

That's all for now. But I can't wait to see him again. :)

P.S. Even though he doesn't deserve to be in the same post as K, I just want to say that "C" did call...and pretended like he didn't spill his life story the night we went out or basically attack me the moment we walked into my apartment. That was just a bizarre experience altogether. And I'm glad he never called again.



P.P.S. K texted me within minutes of saying goodbye to me. Be still my heart...

No comments: