1.21.2009

Random-ness

Me, circa 1970's

How's this for entertainment?

5 random and/or weird facts about ME!

1) I do not eat the bottom of bananas. For some strange reason, it reminds me of a belly button. I used to give them to our family dog, Buster. Now I just cut them off with a knife or chunk them off with my finger. As far as I know, I have never eaten one.

2) I have an abnormal obsession with miniature things. If I see something that is unusually small, I call it Barbie-sized, because I really imagine it fitting into her life and her dreamhouse. Tiny versions of things fascinate me.

3) I once drank oil out of an vintage oil can. You know, like the one Dorothy used to juice up the Tinman? I was at my grandma's house in Bixby and I was maybe 8 or 9 years old. She had a neat little cabinet filled with odds and ends (one of many I might add)...and a few vintage oil cans. For some strange reason I put my mouth around one of the spouts and must have pressed the bottom of the can because a foul tasting liquid went down my throat. Grandma was on the phone and I didn't want to get into trouble, so I just got myself some water and hoped I wouldn't die.

4) When I was a little girl, people used to tell me I looked just like my daddy. I didn't understand and always answered with "But I don't have a mustache!"

5) In 3rd grade I found a bottle of Sun-In in my parent's bathroom. I sprayed a bunch on my hair...it was orange for an entire year.

2 comments:

Linda said...

I learned some things about you tonight--very entertaining!

Anonymous said...

I drank charcoal fluid starter when I was 4. Ew.
My boys refuse to eat what they also refer to as the banana's belly button. I hate bananas so I eat none of it!
Jam/Karen