2.19.2009

She is Love, and She is my Mother.

So I'm in the shower last night just thinking about my day and things that need to be done, and suddenly start thinking about someone special in my life. Ok, that sounds weird, but I honestly do most of my ponderous thinking in the shower (and while driving, and when I first wake up on the weekends). Back to my story...I started thinking about someone who is so incredibly dear to me. And I started thinking about how she will never know how much I appreciate everything she is and everything she does.

I know that Mother's Day is a few months away, but I wanted to blog about my mom. This little post is just my little way of showing her how much I love and admire her. My mom is kind and generous, she is funny and spunky...she is incredibly loving and is the epitome of unconditional love. My mom has seen me through many hard times, and she was always there to support and comfort me. She spoils me. She always tells me how pretty I am, how smart I am...I realize all mothers are biased but I won't lie to you...what she says still makes a difference and boasts my confidence all the time.

We had some pretty rough times, especially during high school when I was a naive, careless teenager. But no matter what, she always let me know she loved me and she NEVER hesitated to apologize if she ever felt she was wrong. Over the years we have become friends and I value that so much.

But more than anything, she is my mom. And I am one lucky daughter. I love you Mommy!P.S. This is an older picture of us, but it's one of my favs!

4 comments:

Linda said...

I love you too. You are the sweetest daughter EVER!

LadyJayPee said...

Well, dang, I've got goosebumps and tears in my eyes. What a LOVELY tribute. Your mom CRACKS me up and I haven't even met her. YET! ;-)

What a Dish! said...

That was beautiful- I haven't met your mom yet either and I love "talking" with her! ;)

Jenni said...

What can I say? Those words were the LEAST I could do...she is a pretty neat lady!

And her cooking isn't that bad either ;)