2.23.2009

Super yummy (and cheap) salad

I went grocery shopping yesterday after a big workout, so I was in a healthy mood. And I had watched an episode of Everyday Italian with Giada and had some great ideas for meals this week. In addition to a bunch of other stuff, I picked up a fully cooked rotisserie chicken. You know those smaller chickens they have at the deli that always smell so good? Well, they had taken some out of the oven a hour or so before I got there and had already marked them down in price (they had more in the oven and were needing to get rid of them!). They were marked $2.50 which was a steal. I think they are normally closer to $5-6. Anyway, when I got home I cut out the breast meat and took off the skin, then chopped it up in a yummy garden salad! It was delish and I couldn't even finish all of it! I had some Campari tomatoes (thank you mommy!), red bell pepper and red onion with lots of romaine. A super yummy cheap salad!Happy Monday!

1 comment:

Linda said...

Oh it does look yummy--my mouth is watering! What kind of dressing did you use?

Love the red dots!