4.18.2009

How I spent my morning...

This is The Juiceman. Actually, this is The Juiceman II. My brother introduced me to The Juiceman back in 1996. It is awesome. I haven't used it in a long time but decided today was Detox Saturday and I will be juicing several meals. Last night I spent some time chopping veggies, washing fruit and preparing for my day of detox. I will have plenty of vegetables, fruit, juice, herbal tea and rest.

So, here is what I started with this morning (please disregard the cheesy formica--my adorable house was built in 1940). Isn't it a lovely bounty of fresh fruit?? I've got a mango, a few oranges, red grapes and 2 apples. Yum.
And voila! Here is the sweetest, freshest nectar you can imagine!!! All natural, organic goodness. Seriously, it's hard to believe that nature can produce such sweetness without any additives or assistance!! People are always amazed at how good this stuff is. This batch made two large servings. I had some for breakfast and will have some more later. All in all, it took about 10 minutes and that included chopping the fruit, juicing and cleaning The Juiceman.

More to come!!

3 comments:

LadyJayPee said...

How is a Juiceman different from a blender or a food processor?

Jenni said...

It literally extracts only the juice. No pulp, no skin...it 'skins' all fruit and veggies. What is left is completely dry (and could be used as great compost!)

LadyJayPee said...

Thanks! How did you know I was up to my armpits in compost today? :)