4.11.2009

Why all pets should be spayed/neutered

Remember sweet little Libby? I introduced her and Gus in this post last year. Back then, Libby was pretty tiny. Well, look at her now...
She is very pregnant! I worry about Libby a lot because I don't know where she goes when I don't see her for a few days. A couple of months ago it was pretty obvious she was in heat. There were many days when she was literally surrounded by tomcats wherever she roamed! And before I knew it, Libby has this big preggo belly! See, I am not happy about this. Gus is actually one of Libby's babies from a previous litter. I meant whole-heartedly to take Libby and get her spayed last year...but it's one of those things I forgot. She is not technically "my" cat as she visits several homes around here. I do feed her and have let her in the house when it's cold. But as I have mentioned before, my cats are very territorial and aren't happy about visitors. Anyway, I feel awful for Libby--I'm sure she is tired of having litter after litter. I will FOR SURE be taking her to my favorite vet to 'take care of her' once she is finished taking care of her new kitties.

But for now I am just feeding her (when she comes around) and hoping that when it's time that she finds a safe, warm place to have her babies. If I can find her "burrow" I will try to take pictures and I sure hope those babies find homes!!!

1 comment:

Linda said...

Poor little Libby. :( I will do my best to help you find homes for the babies and it will be hard not to take one myself. Sigh...