10.21.2008

Gus & Libby

I am in love. Recently a pair of the sweetest kitties found their way to my porch. I faintly remember returning from a jog around the neighborhood one night a few months ago and seeing a few newborn kittens playing in the yard down from mine. But I never really saw them again--until they showed up at my front door! At first they were really shy and wouldn't let me pet them. But I've been speaking kitty-talk and feeding them and now they are my 'outside' babies. The orange one is Gus (Gustopher Gustafson) and the calico is Libby (Libitina Lovington). I've tried letting them in the house (Gus especially, since he follows me everywhere). But my 'inside' babies just aren't having it. Charli is interested in the new addition(s), but Cleo is, pardon my french, a beeotch. She hisses and growls at Gus. He is wary but explored the house nonetheless. I want him to stay and snuggle and be happy and warm and comfortable. I worry about him and Libby being outside, especially now that it's getting colder. I know they can survive but I want to take care of them! Gus is such a sweetie...he makes my heart smile. Such furry little charmers!!

2 comments:

Linda said...

LOL on Libby's name--first time I've seen it! I want them both.

Linda said...

How are Gus & Libby?