10.15.2008

This man is making my life miserable...

He is Pierre-Simon Laplace, a pioneer in mathematical physics and astronomy.

I enjoy math. I do not, however, enjoy mechanics. All the nerdy engineering students in my DE class are loving the last few weeks of Laplace transforms and all they entail. I don't care about springs attached to objects with a mass on the end...blah, blah, blah. Just give me a differential equation to solve and I am happy--I don't want to know how it applies to physics. Ok, I got a B in Physics but only took it because it was required. I just plain don't like studying it. Ironic, considering my love for biology, chemistry and geology, not to mention how physics makes the world go round. But, alas, I have no love for physics. Don't get me wrong...it's a fascinating field of study. It's just not my cup of tea. Perhaps I don't like it because it reminds me of a self-righteous, arrogant mechanical engineer I used to date...who knows.

But I for sure can't wait until we are done with Laplace and can move on to another mathematical topic in DE. Only one more week of this crap...

1 comment:

Linda said...

I don't like DE or physics--my 2 "D" classes. :-(