10.10.2008

Red River Rivalry 2008

The beer is cold, the snacks are stocked and I am ready...ARE YOU READY???

There is a buzz in the air and it can only mean one thing: the Sooners are going to head-to-head with Texas. Oh, yes, it's that time again...the battle of OU/Texas in the Cotton Bowl. As Big Tex overlooks the fairgrounds, our Sooners will be fighting for bragging rights this season. This game encompasses much tradition for both Okies and Texans. The series began in 1900 but has been played in Dallas since 1912. I attended this matchup a few times in my youth, though I was more concerned with the fair and cotton candy back then.

This is an important game and a turning point in the season. Both teams are in the top 5 (OU #1 of course) and both have been playing very well. I am nervous but excited. Unfortunately I have an exam first thing Saturday morning (yes, a Saturday exam on campus) so I will be preoccupied tonight with studying. But I will be poised in front of Dad's flat screen TV and ready by game time. College Gameday will set the stage in Dallas so tune in!!

Come on Sooners...beat those Horns!!

Born & Bred,

1 comment:

Sunnysland said...

And the results was...UGH! Thats all I've got to say about that!