10.09.2008

When I Grow Up...

...I want to be like my sister-in-law, Susan.

She is a wife, mother, sister, daughter, friend, career woman, rock star. Ok, maybe not that last one but she does know any lyric to any song ever made in the 1970's. Susan is one heck of a lady. She's smart, funny, loving, goofy (a must in our family) and very down to earth. It doesn't hurt that she comes from good people (even if they are Longhorns). I can still remember their wedding day (even though I was a little tipsy at the reception) and the way my brother's face looked when Susan walked down the aisle. She's pretty darn special, that Susan. She doesn't know that I really miss hanging out with her. And now that I live 700 miles away it's pretty hard to do. But we are headed down to H-Town for Thanksgiving and I think I may just give her a big hug and tell her how much she means to me. Yup, that's what I'm going to do.

Much love,

No comments: