10.02.2008

"Meet me in St. Louis, Louis, meet me at the fair..."

Ok, ok, so tonight's debate in Missouri won’t be NEARLY as fun as watching Judy Garland in Meet Me in St. Louis.

I really don't know what to say or even think about tonight's debacle, I mean debate. All I keep hearing and reading about is how Sarah Palin will have to prove herself. Why????? Not every candidate running for office has known all there is to know up front…nor have they all had the experience. For instance, here are some interesting facts about a former Vice President (and later President) of the United States who turned out to be a strong, energetic leader:

I am under 45 years old,
I love the outdoors,
I hunt,
I am a Republican reformer,
I have taken on the Republican Party establishment,
I have many children,
I have a spot on the national ticket as vice president with less than two years in the governor's office.

"Speak softly and carry a big stick, and you will go far."

It’s Theodore Roosevelt, our 26th President. Ironically, here is a real picture of him toting a rifle.
Yet the talk of Sarah Palin being a hunter and proud gun owner makes her out to be some crazy woman from the boondocks. The Liberals are having a field day with Palin. It just goes to show they only like women with testicles (aka Hillary). I’m not sure yet if I am 100% behind Palin, but I sure as HECK don’t want Hilary anywhere near 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue ever again. Why does Sarah Palin have to prove herself? She is a fresh face, and a much needed energy boost for the McCain trail. Give me a break, you left-winged, overbearing, self-righteous fascists!!

Whew, I feel better now. And my last words come from one of my favorite t-shirts:

“I’d rather be a conservative nut job than a Liberal with no nuts and no job.”

Peace out,




1 comment:

Linda said...

That's my baby daughter! Great post!