5.01.2009

The Indian Taco

Every year since moving back to Oklahoma in 2006 I have eaten my annual indian taco at the Edmond Arts Festival. The indian taco is a Navajo tradition and recipe. It's a lot like a taco salad but the bottom is Navajo Fry Bread -- and it's sooooooo good! The texture reminds me of a doughnut but it's not sweet. I like to add the taco sauce to mine. The EAF begins on a Friday and a few of us at the office always walk over to peruse the array of goodies: indian tacos, fried corn on the cob, funnel cakes, giant corn dogs, chocolate covered cheesecake (on a stick), brats & kraut, fried green tomatoes, gyros, shoestring onion rings, frito pie, homemade root beer, etc...I could go on and on. I also picked up some cotton candy--yummy! And there is a lot of fun music, art and jewelry/crafts. Mom and I pitched in last year to get Dad this really neat golf picture--it looks great hanging in his office. Edmond never fails to bring the best and there is always a fun time had by all!!!

3 comments:

The G Family said...

Looks YUMMY!

Linda said...

Oh my, that looks so yummy. I've GOT to make one of theose, but it won't be as good as the real thing. ;)

Your Dad still loves his painting...

What a Dish! said...

I LOVE Navajo tacos! I've made them a few times. I haven't had a "real" one since I was little, though.