5.19.2009

Jenni's MF Tacos

Ok, the MF is not vulgar here...it actually stands for Morningstar Farms!! :)

I made these last night and again tonight--that is how much I love them! It's a very simple recipe and one that is low-fat and healthy. I've used both the Boca crumbles and the Morningstar Farms crumbles and I must say I prefer MF in this dish.

Jenni's MF Tacos
~ 4 servings

yellow or white corn taco shells (I use Taco Bell or El Paso)
2 c Morningstar Farms crumbles (frozen)
1 onion, chopped
3/4 c water
1 T Worcestershire sauce
1 t reduced sodium taco seasoning (or homemade)
1/2 c salsa
light sour cream
reduced fat cheddar, shredded
taco sauce
lettuce (optional)**
tomatoes (optional)**

**Normally I use all the toppings on my tacos, but these just need sour cream, cheese and a drizzle of taco sauce in my opinion--that's how I like 'em!

Chop onion and saute over medium heat (I coat the pan with some cooking spray and I also add a sprinkle of kosher salt to help bring out the liquid in the onions). Mix the Worcestershire sauce into the water. Add the MF crumbles to the onions and pour the water mixture on top. Add the taco seasoning and salsa, stir and let the liquid soak into the mixture. While the 'meat' cooks, heat taco shells according to directions. When most of the liquid is gone and your kitchen smells heavenly, the 'meat' is done. Now just assemble your yummy tacos according to taste!!

1 comment:

Linda said...

Wow that's a great pic--I want to borrow that plate!

Maybe you can make these for your MF-challenged Mom sometime. ;)