5.25.2009

Veggie Overload!

First of all, remind me never to go out for a run at noon in May...too hot!! But I got a late start on this gorgeous holiday. And ever since our rockin' meal yesterday, all I've thought about is roasted veggies! So, here we go again! Not as colorful as yesterday (I don't have any RED). But oh, so delicious! I was starving after my run (well, after the major cool down!) and this hit the spot! Here is my massive lunch today...try not to be too jealous.I'm telling you, the basil garlic mayo is outstanding...notice how I slather it on my toasted ciabatta?!?!I used some of my new fresh basil plant. My post-run snack was fresh cantaloupe from the nursery we went to yesterday...they had a lot of produce there. It was really juicy and good. So now I am relaxing on the couch (with Charli) watching some DVR'd Barefoot Contessa episodes. I've decided to stay in and rest this afternoon (too much sun the last few days) and maybe do my planting/potting later this evening once it cools off or after work tomorrow. I'm actually excited to get back to the work week...I am riding my bike to work tomorrow for the first time! Yay, me.
lazy

2 comments:

Linda said...

I am jealous! We need to get some more of those ciabattas, and you could market that basil mayo.

LadyJayPee said...

Yay on riding your bike to work. It's so FUN!