11.16.2009

Crockpot Taco Soup

To. Die. For.
This stuff is so good...and perfect for the 40-degree weather we had yesterday! I modified this Taco Soup recipe found in Fix It and Forget It. I decided to buy actual BEEF. I can't even remember the last time I bought ground beef! But it was worth it and fit the cold weather. This soup would even work with shredded chicken. Great to freeze in batches or serve to a crowd.

1 lb lean ground beef, cooked & drained
1 can black beans, undrained
1 can corn, undrained
28 oz can crushed tomatoes
1 envelope taco seasoning
1 envelope ranch seasoning
2/3 c onions (I used frozen)
1 c water

Add everything to the crockpot, stir, and cook on low for 4-6 hours. Serve with tortilla chips, sour cream, and cheese (although it is perfect with just chips). How easy is that??!!

Next time I may use less tomatoes, and maybe add in some rotel for heat. But the recipe served a purpose for a cold night and plenty of leftovers for the week!

1 comment:

Linda said...

Oh my, that looks just like Java Dave's--YUM!