2.09.2010

my take on french fries

One of the many snacks we had last Sunday...the recipe is definitely a keeper! These actually remind me more of potato skins than french fries. They are great with hamburgers or just for snacking...and my Mommy liked them so you know they're a hit!

Oven-Baked Potato Wedges with Creamy Dill Dip

4 Russet potatoes, cut into wedges
1/4 c extra virgin olive oil
2 t dried parsley
1-1 1/2 t kosher salt
1 t garlic powder
1/2 t smoked paprika
1/2 t black pepper

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and coat a baking sheet with plenty of cooking spray (trust me, you don't want the potatoes to stick). Scrub and clean the potatoes and cut about 8 wedges per potato. In a large bowl, combine all of the above ingredients and toss to coat the potatoes well. Arrange in a single layer on the baking sheet and bake for 50-55 minutes, turning the potatoes halfway through the cooking time.

For the dip:
1 c sour cream
1/2 c mayonaise
1-1 1/2 t dried dill weed (I LOVE dill and use A LOT--you could cut to 1/2 t)
1/2 t dried parsley
1 T chopped chives
1/2 t onion powder
1/4 t black pepper
sprinkle of salt

Mix together and chill until potatoes are ready.

4 comments:

Linda said...

I'm drooling--one of the best things I've ever had! I especially love the dip & am happy to have the recipe. ;)

What a Dish! said...

My Aunt makes a dip like that but she puts a mysterious spice (or something) called Beau Monde in it.... I'm not even sure they make it anymore 'cause her bottle looks like it's from the 70's!! Lol. But anyway, those taters and especially the dip sound SO good- I LOVE dill too, so I'd go with the full amount. I'll have to make these sometime!

Cookin'mama said...

Your mom raved about these and I can tell that they are right up my alley! Dish, they do still make Beau Monde and it is great!

LadyJayPee said...

I can't wait to try it. I love me some potatoes! I've never tried beau monde, but I've seen it in the stores.