2.01.2010

12-week Half-marathon training

Today is the official start to my half-marathon training. I'm following a (modified) novice schedule designed by Hal Higdon. I am still going to follow this schedule. I CAN DO THIS! I'm also going to keep up with my scheduled weight training, yoga, and indoor cycling. Unfortunately, with this horrible ice and snow I will most likely do a lot of training on the dreadmill. No matter how much music I listen to, how many DVR'd shows I watch, or how many movies I watch while on the treadmill, it.is.so.boring. I'm usually exhausted when I get off because I've stepped up the pace so fast just to get done!

I am determined to follow this schedule despite rain, sleet, snow, bad moods, bad hair days, pity parties, and just plain laziness.

Say it with me: "Go Jenni, go Jenni, go Jenni..."

2 comments:

Linda said...

I'm glad to see you at least get a day of rest in the schedule! I'll help you out the best way I know how--with encouragement. :) I have no doubt you can do it.

Veronica said...

Good luck with the training!