2.18.2010

A Runner in Training: Lunch

Sure, it may look a little plain and boring. But this lunch is fantastic. I've had it everyday this week. Lunch and breakfast are my 2 biggest meals and I try to pack in as much protein and as many veggies as possible. I have a salad like this at least 4 times during the workweek. I just buy a huge tub of the organic spring mix and keep it in the fridge at work. I also keep my favorite dressing at the office AND at home (Newman's Lite Balsamic). The cherub tomatoes are of course a must.

3 oz grilled chicken breast (I cheated--it's frozen--see below)
1 1/2 c broccoli (also frozen--see below)
2 c mixed salad greens
2 T salad dressing
1 c tomatoes

Chicken
1 pkg Tyson frozen grilled chicken breasts
(~3 oz each)
These are really, really good. Only 110 cals and all you have to do is heat them up in the microwave. They taste great and save so much time!!

Broccoli
1 pkg frozen broccoli florets
1 T Penzey's Tuscan Sunset seasoning (a kitchen staple)
1/2 t or so of kosher salt

Cook broccoli according to package directions. Drain and mix with salt and seasoning. Simple. Yum.
This will keep me very full until about 3 PM when I'll eat some fruit (to prepare for my training after work--today: 3.5 miles + weights). I'll post breakfast tomorrow! Try to contain your excitement...


[I apologize in advance for my blog posts over the next 2 months...right now my life is all about work, school, and training. I rarely blog about work (but it's awesome) and school is going great. Running, training, food, body weight, bodily functions while training...these are the hot topics. Welcome to my exciting world!]

3 comments:

sarah from the suburbs said...

Love your blog, Jenni! You are making me feel guilty though for all the crap I eat! :)

How do you change the background of your blog to make it so cute and pretty? Mine has been the same since I started blogging...it's some boring format that is one of the basic choices on blogger. I want to make mine fancy, but can I do that without losing all of my posts and info???

Jenni said...

Silly, Sarah!! Training for a half-marathon and carrying a baby around for 9 months (plus caring for another little one) are two totally different things! I'm trying to lose weight and you need to gain weight :) As far as the blog format--I'll send you an email on Facebook to let you know how I did it. I personally don't think it's fun...html drives me nuts. But there is a neat site I'll show you that helps make the background cute! But I love how your blog looks simple and classy!

Linda said...

That looks so good I may have to start coming over to have lunch with you. ;)