1.31.2010

When I'm bored, I bake.

I've been trapped in the house because of the ice and snow, and have been very bored. Again. This time I decided to bake. I got this recipe many years ago from my dear friend, Ianthe. I had never been a fan of banana bread, mostly because people always insist on putting nuts in it. That's a no-no for me. But Ianthe's version was more like banana CAKE! It's very easy to make and so delicious. Each time I make it I'm amazed at how good it is.

Ianthe lives in Houston and I miss hanging out with her! Other than my mom, she is one of the best cooks I know. And guess what?? Ianthe is pregnant with her first baby!! It's a boy!! Can't wait to meet the little guy and see one of my favorite friends...

Ianthe's Banana Bread

2 c flour
1 c white sugar
1/2 c brown sugar
1/4 lb butter, softened
2 eggs
2 mashed ripe bananas
1 t vanilla
1 t baking soda

1/2 c milk

Mix the flour and baking soda in a bowl, set aside. Using a mixer (I still use a hand mixer), cream the butter and slowly add the sugar, beat until light. Add bananas, eggs, and vanilla and beat well. Gradually blend in the dry ingredients. Slowly add in the milk. Pour into loaf pans, a 9x13 dish, or cupcake wrappers (I've made it all three ways!) and bake at 350 for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.

Note: The more ripe the bananas, the sweeter the finished product will be!!

2 comments:

Linda said...

Wish I could've had some. :(

Ianthe said...

Cool. I like this blog. I bake when I am stressed.