1.22.2010

Zee Shrimp!

If I could swim in this stuff I would. Instead of working out, I decided to make myself a 'light' gourmet dinner. I picked up some peeled and deveined shrimp from the local seafood counter. They had their tails on but I just plucked those babies right off! This recipe is easy peasy and delicious. But don't be like me and eat 2 servings...it will make you feel ill.

Spicy Shrimp & Tomato Pasta

Serves 4

1 lb peeled & deveined shrimp
8 oz thin spaghetti
1 T extra virgin olive oil
1 t unsalted butter
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 c white wine
1/2 c half and half
14 oz can diced tomatoes, drained
1/4 t oregano
1/4 t red pepper flakes
salt & fresh pepper
1 t fresh lemon juice

Cook pasta according to package directions. I ALWAYS add plenty of salt to the pasta water. Meanwhile, season the shrimp with oregano and a little salt. Cook the garlic and shrimp with the olive oil and butter for 2 minutes over medium heat. The harmonious smell of garlic and shrimp will permeate your kitchen..and you will thank me. Add the tomatoes, wine, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes and cook an additional minute. Add the half and half and cook for 1 more minute. Toss the pasta with the sauce, add the lemon juice, and enjoy it while it's hot! I also added some Parmesan cheese but it didn't need it. Of course, you could kick it up a 'fat' notch by using heavy cream . Did I just say that??

and a lot more wine

3 comments:

Linda said...

What a beautiful dish! When are you making it for your Mommy? :)

Linda said...

OMG, this recipe is divine--thank you for bringing me some! It is absolutely DELISH!

LadyJayPee said...

I made this and it was very good, Jenni. Thank you!