1.05.2010

Swing life away

From the time I was 7 and up until I was 19-years-old there was a particular swing in my hometown that I loved. It was capable of going exceptionally high and I must admit I was good at getting air. There is nothing quite like the feeling I get when I swing. It always brings a smile to my face and makes me feel like a kid again...no worries, no deadlines, no bills to pay. I love the feel of the wind in my air and on my cheeks. I can almost feel the plastic seat and wrap my hands around the thick metal chains as I push and pull my way to freedom. Sometimes, if I got high enough, I would feel that familiar twinge in my belly...the excitement and tingle of going so high on the swing and testing the limits of basic physics.

I wonder if that swing is still there...just beyond the gazebo in the park on Tree Lane. Next time I'm in town I may have to check it out. There is no age limit when it comes to swinging...

1 comment:

Linda said...

What a great thought! Hope you get to try it soon.