1.11.2010

Book Review(s)


In the last week I have read two new books (I am a fast reader). Both of these books I read through Barnes and Noble's eBook. It's a great way to instantly download and read books on your computer. It took a bit of getting used to, reading the book on the computer screen, but now I really like the convenience of it. The first book I read because I joined a book club with some ladies at work. Our first meeting (well, MY first meeting with them) is this month and they've been reading The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown. At first I was skeptical...this was not something I would have chosen to read. I have not read nor have I been swept up in the whole Da Vinci Code madness. BUT the whole idea of joining a book club was to explore new horizons!

And...I thought the book was great! Truthfully, all the talk about the CIA, Freemasons, and so many governmental secrets shook me a bit. But it was an exciting read. I'm even now thinking about finally reading The Da Vinci Code.

The next book I've been wanting to read for a few weeks (ever since I realized it written by Nicolas Sparks AND learned that the movie is coming out next month). I have the book on reserve at the library, but liked the eBook idea so much that I bought it digitally over the weekend on B&N. The book is titled Dear John and because I have already seen the movie trailer, it was easy to picture the characters. Warning: this book, as with any other Sparks novel, is a tear-jerker. The love story is similar to The Notebook (which I adored). BUT the story reveals how life can get in the way of love. I basically read this book in one sitting...and then cried for about 10 minutes! I can't wait for the movie but will most likely wait to see it on DVD so I can cry openly at home. :)

Both books are completely different and I highly recommend both of them!!

Next on the list:
The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein
Left to Tell: Discovering God Amidst the Rwandan Holocaust by Immaculee Ilibagaza

No comments: