1.10.2010

Mmmm...broccoli

I think this recipe has the potential to convert even the toughest broccoli critics...although I doubt I could get Mr. Anti-Broccoli (a.k.a. My dad) to even stay in the same ROOM with it! This nutritious member of the cabbage family may be cooked several different ways, but this one is by far my favorite.

I apologize for the blurry picture--I had to use an old camera and it's just awful!

Roasted Broccoli with Garlic
1 large head of broccoli

3-4 garlic cloves
2-3 T olive oil
kosher salt
black pepper

Rinse broccoli and cut into bite-sized florets. In a food processor (or with your knife) roughly mince the garlic and add some kosher salt to give it a paste-like texture. Toss the broccoli, garlic, olive oil, black pepper in a large bowl. Spread the mixture evenly onto a baking sheet and toss a little more salt over everything. Roast at 400 degrees for 15-25 minutes. The broccoli is ready when
the edges of the florets begin to brown (and your house smells of heavenly garlic). You can also add some red pepper flakes for a little heat!

2 comments:

Linda said...

Yum! That looks & sounds great. Make it for me!!

Meredith said...

This looks delish - I shall try it this week!