8.05.2008

Charli. Kitty. Pretty.


Charlamaine Dupre "Charli"

I must introduce you to my little kittycat, Charli. I have two cats, Cleo and Charli. But Charli is my baby. She is one of the prettiest, softest, smartest and most talented kitties I have ever had the pleasure of loving. She is sweet as could be and talks to me sometimes. Her talent is fetching balls like a dog. I buy these little spongy soccer balls from Petsmart...they are soft enough for her to 'catch' them in her teeth and carry them back to me. She will literally bring one to me and drop it, then look expectantly at me until I agree to throw it. She somehow hooks it onto one of her teeth and trots it back to me! Charli loves this game...especially when I have settled into bed for the night. I can hear her talking to her ball and can tell by the particular 'meow' that she is wanting to play. I'll be in bed, usually laying on my side and watching some TV. I feel/hear her jump onto the bed and then I feel a little ball drop near my back. Yes, she has brought me the ball at 11:00 at night in bed. If I'm really tired (and being a mean mommy) I will try to fool her and stick the ball inside a pillowcase. But most of the time she is wise to me.
I like to sing songs to Charli. There is no particular melody, but I do tend to stick with certain words: Charli, pretty, kitty. Some phrases include but are not limited to "Charli is my kitty...she is so pretty" or "Charli is my baby girl...the sweetest kitty in the whole world." And she loves it. Her purr will speed up and she will look sweetly at me with love. I don't know what I would do without her...seriously. She sleeps on the pillow next to mine every night and sometimes she will curl just inside the small of my back when I sleep on my side. The best feeling in the world is waking up to feel a warm little kitty next to you!! Try it sometime...I promise you will love it.

Side note: Cleo thinks Charli and I are strange. She is your average cat, curious, nosy, hungry all the time and very independent. Cleo sleeps at the foot of the bed and is happy to be on her own. I talk to her, too, and she always just looks at me with her wide green eyes. Most of the time she is content to curl up in a spot of sun on the floor or on the bed 24/7. Cleo is a sweet girl, just very low-maintenance when it comes to lovey-dovey. Don't get me wrong, she purrs with the best of them. She is simply not a needy cat...but she will get her own post with picture soon!

1 comment:

Linda said...

Cleo will demand equal time! What a great, funny story.

Jenni, I love your blog--I'm sorry but I'm going to tell everyone about it...Mother's pride & all...

:o)