8.20.2008

Fatty McButterpants

So I've been on a diet for, like, a year now and man it's hard. I started to gain weight in my late 20's, but when I hit 30 it was all downhill. Life just isn't the same as it was 10 years ago!! Now I have to work at everything, whereas when I was 22 I could skip dinner one night and my stomach would be flat the next day. I've managed to lose some weight but I have a long way to go and I am of course very hard on myself. The process of losing weight is actually quite simple--it's the sticking to it that's tough. I've started cooking at home a lot more mainly to have lunches prepared for work the next day. That in and of itself is a lot of work, but at least cooking can be enjoyable. I work full-time and have started back at school again, so working in some exercise time is going to be a tight squeeze, not to mention the fact that I am tired when I get home. But I want to be healthy, strong and happy. I might as well admit another reason I want to get healthy is because I would like to have a baby in the next few years. Mind you, this equation would need a man and there is no one special in my life right now, or even on the radar! But I'm hoping life and love will unfold in their own special way for me. It's time to get healthy, have more energy and feel GOOD. So, farewell, Braum's...ciao Mazzio's...adios Taco Bell.

Cheers (with a glass of water),

No comments: