8.15.2008

Saturday Night Lights

I'm very excited. There are only 15 more days until kick-off for OU Football. According to the USA Today Pre-season poll, OU is ranked #4 -- our 2007 pre-season ranking was #8 so we're off to a good start (Texas comes in at #10, tee-hee). Our dream team this year will be lead once again by Sam Bradford. As a freshman, Bradford led the nation in passing efficiency last year...as a FRESHMAN. With 36 TD passes and only 8 interceptions, I think he had an awesome year. Now a sophmore, I think Bradford really has what it takes to stay focused and lead our Sooners through a grand season. I don't like that critics are waiting for Bradford to 'prove' himself this year...it's like they assume he will fail. Come on, people! Stoops is no dummy...he's coached the Sooners in 5 of 6 Big 12 Championship wins. But it's never enough. Oklahoma faces harsh criticism every year, but I am not a fair-weather fan. I come from a long line of OU fans. And I am proud to be Sooner born and bred. August 30th can't get here fast enough. Sam, if you and the team are listening, I'm here for you. I'll be there every step of the way.

Boomer Sooner,

1 comment: