8.08.2008

Politics Schmolitics

I could really care less about politics in general, but with the election heating up, I have given a lot more thought to where I stand on important issues. Not that I never had an opinion before...but I have embraced the issues and tried to make more informative decisions. I tend to fall into the Republican category, but I truly consider myself to be “leaning to the right” for the most part. I’m not going to get into the issues here…that’s not my cup of tea. But I feel I should do my part and at least mention this really cool website my mom showed me. It’s www.speakout.com and it really helped me sort out my thoughts on some of the major issues. What really boggles me is just how many positions there can actually be on an issue…you believe in A but not quite in B or maybe you agree with D but also C. Sometimes it’s hard to choose a side, especially since I fall into the gray area a lot. I rarely see black or white in life and have the ability to see things from many differing sides and opinions. There are people in this world (one of whom I used to date) who would see this ‘ability’ as a weakness…but I think it’s a source of compassion and strength. (You go, girl!)

Side Note: Why is it a major news headline that John Edwards had an extramarital affair?? Is there nothing else that is newsworthy? It seems in this day and age if a politician, or anyone (in)famous for that matter, makes any kind of wrong move, it must be national news. As John Stossel would say "Give me a break!"

1 comment:

Linda said...

Great post! Especially since you credit me. :o)